Friday, January 8, 2010

Simulations with a Purpose


I remember the days when I would spend hours playing SIMCity on the computer. Trying to build the perfect city while keeping crime low, output high, and population even higher. It was fun and in the end I unleashed Godzilla to destroy it all.

The simulation games I have been finding as of late have been much grimmer and much more related to the events of the current world. The game I have been playing this morning is 3rd World Farmer.

This is a game where you start with a family of 4, a farm, and a dream. You go through turns planting crops and living the 3rd world dream. You get to send your kids to school, deal with the World Bank (not directly), and endure corrupt officials.

The game is fun and can teach interesting lessons about farming in poor countries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright @ 2008-2010 History Articles | History Article | Powered by Blogger Theme by Donkrax