Thursday, December 10, 2009

Unnecessary Agitation

I found myself stuck in a mile-long traffic backup this morning on Secor Road, as Columbia Gas crews repaired a half-dozen problems between Laskey and I-475. I grew increasingly agitated as my usual 8-minute trip to work turned into a 25-minute odyssey of aggravation. Of course, had I left for work at an earlier time that allowed for unexpected delays, I would not find myself facing tardiness at work, but that is another story.

After inching along the one-mile stretch for 15 minutes and growling in frustration, I finally passed the last of the obstacles and surprisingly made every light the rest of the way. I pulled into a notoriously busy University of Toledo parking lot fully expecting to find a lack of spaces, but there was a spot right in front and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then I arrived at the Writing Center and found that the student with whom I was scheduled to work was stuck in the same traffic jam. Yes, I was still 10 minutes late for work, but I managed to avoid inconveniencing my client, and everything worked out in the end.

No need for cussing, no need for pounding my steering wheel. Chill, dude.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright @ 2008-2010 History Articles | History Article | Powered by Blogger Theme by Donkrax