Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A 100,000 Mile Odometer

While driving up to visit with my grandfather today, the odometer on my 1994 Hyundai Accent rolled over past the 100,000-mile mark. Since I had my camera with me, I pulled over to the side of the road and photographed the occasion.

I liked how the odometer crisply and quickly changed past the 100K mark, unlike some previous vehicles that started turning the digits around 98,000 miles or so. This appealed to the part of my that likes symmetry and balance, though others might refer to this tendency in a disparaging manner, such as "anal retentivity" or excessive geekiness."

Anyways, this vehicle has been quite a bargain. I purchased it about 30 months ago with 79,000 miles for a mere $700, and the car has required less than $600 in repairs over that time. In fact, this vehicle has been so sturdy that I may next look in the Yellow Pages for RV repair instead of regular auto repair.

OK, a bit of hyperbole, that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright @ 2008-2010 History Articles | History Article | Powered by Blogger Theme by Donkrax